HomeNewsWhat To Expect When Filling Out Form I-130 Questions, Tips, And Strategies

What To Expect When Filling Out Form I-130 Questions, Tips, And Strategies


Related stories

Choose the Best Last Mile Delivery in Singapore

Discover how to choose the best last mile delivery...

Comment Un Portage Salarial Au Portugal Peut Vous Aider?

Le portage salarial est une solution de plus en...

Top 3 Jackets to Wear in UAE

When it comes to fashion in the UAE, selecting...

What separates Hollywood’s Wealthiest Male and Female Actors?

One of the major distinctions between Hollywood’s wealthiest male...

How to fill out Form I-130?

Filling out Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, is an important step in the process of sponsoring a family member for a green card in the United States. Here’s a general overview of how to fill out the form I-130. Keep in mind that the instructions and requirements can change, so always refer to the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website for the most up-to-date instructions.

Step 1: Download the Form: Visit the USCIS website and download the most recent version of Form I-130. The form can usually be found in the “Forms” section.

Step 2: Read the Instructions: Before you begin filling out the form, read the instructions carefully. Make sure you understand the eligibility requirements, supporting documentation needed, and the specific guidelines for completing each section of the form.

Step 3: Gather Documentation: Collect all necessary supporting documents. This may include copies of birth certificates, marriage certificates, evidence of your relationship with the beneficiary, and any other required documents.

Step 4: Complete the Form: Here’s a general outline of how to complete the form:

  • Part 1 – Information About You (the Petitioner):

    • Provide your personal information, including name, address, date of birth, and contact information.
  • Part 2 – Information About the Beneficiary:

    • Provide the beneficiary’s personal information, including name, date of birth, and relationship to you.
  • Part 3 – Additional Information About You (the Petitioner):

    • Answer the questions in this section regarding your citizenship status, previous marriages, and criminal history.
  • Part 4 – Information About the Beneficiary’s Relatives:

    • If applicable, provide information about the beneficiary’s spouse, children, and parents.
  • Part 5 – Signature:

    • Sign and date the form.
  • Part 6 – Interpreter’s Contact Information (if applicable):
    • If you had an interpreter assist you in completing the form, provide their information.

Step 5: Complete Additional Forms (if needed): If you’re sponsoring more than one family member, you may need to complete additional Form I-130s. Make sure to fill out a separate form for each beneficiary.

Step 6: Review and Organize: Before submitting the form, review it carefully to ensure accuracy. Organize the form along with your supporting documents in a clear and organized manner.

Step 7: Submit the Form and Fee: Include the appropriate filing fee (check the USCIS website for the current fee amount) along with your form and supporting documents. Pay attention to the payment methods accepted by USCIS.

Step 8: Mail the Application: Mail the completed Form I-130, supporting documents, and fee payment to the address provided in the instructions.

Remember, accuracy is crucial when filling out immigration forms. If you’re unsure about any aspect of the process or have specific questions related to your situation, consider seeking guidance from an immigration attorney or a qualified legal professional. Read more “list your business in the” “free and paid submission to the” “add your site” statistics

Where should I mail my Form I-130?

The address to which you should mail your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, depends on your specific circumstances and the location of the intended beneficiary. The mailing addresses for Form I-130 can vary based on factors such as the type of relationship being petitioned and the location of the beneficiary (whether they are inside or outside the United States).

To determine the correct mailing address for your Form I-130, you should refer to the USCIS website and the specific instructions provided in the Form I-130 filing guide. The USCIS website provides the most up-to-date information on where to mail your application based on your specific circumstances.

Here’s how you can find the correct mailing address:

  • Visit the USCIS Website: Go to the USCIS website ) and search for “Form I-130.”
  • Access the Form I-130 Page: Find the official page for Form I-130 and navigate to the “Where to File” section or the instructions. This section will provide you with the appropriate mailing address based on your specific situation.
  • Select the Correct Address: Choose the address that corresponds to your situation, whether you’re a U.S. citizen or a green card holder sponsoring a family member inside or outside the U.S.
  • Follow Instructions: Follow the specific instructions provided on the USCIS website for the correct mailing address, payment methods, and any other requirements.

Keep in mind that USCIS mailing addresses and instructions can change, so it’s important to refer to the official USCIS website for the most accurate and up-to-date information. Additionally, when mailing your application, consider using a reliable postal service with tracking to ensure that your package reaches its destination safely. If you’re unsure about any aspect of the process, consulting with an immigration attorney can provide you with guidance tailored to your specific situation.

What documents must I submit with my Form I-130?

When submitting Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, you’ll need to include supporting documentation that helps establish the validity of your relationship with the intended beneficiary. This documentation is crucial in demonstrating that the relationship is genuine and that the beneficiary qualifies for the immigration benefits you’re seeking. The specific documents you need to submit can vary based on your relationship and individual circumstances. Here’s a general list of common documents you might need to submit with Form I-130:

  • Proof of Identity and Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence:

    • S. citizens: Copy of your U.S. passport, birth certificate, certificate of naturalization, or certificate of citizenship.
    • Lawful permanent residents (green card holders): Copy of your green card (both sides) or other proof of status.
  • Proof of Relationship:

    • Marriage: Copy of your marriage certificate.
    • Parent-child: Birth certificates showing the parent-child relationship.
    • Siblings: Birth certificates showing the same parents for both siblings.
    • Additional evidence: Photos, joint financial records, joint property ownership, shared responsibilities, affidavits from family and friends, etc.
  • Form G-325A (if applicable):

    • This biographical information form might be required for the petitioner and the beneficiary, depending on your relationship and the specific USCIS requirements.
  • Payment of Fees:

    • Include the appropriate filing fee (check the USCIS website for the current fee amount). Pay attention to the payment methods accepted by USCIS.
  • Translations (if applicable):

    • If any documents are not in English, include certified translations along with the original documents.
  • Additional Documentation:

    • Depending on your relationship, you might need to provide additional documentation. For example, if you’re sponsoring a spouse, you might need to include proof of a bona fide marital relationship such as joint bank accounts, lease agreements, or evidence of shared living arrangements.
  • Proof of Legal Name Change (if applicable):

    • If either the petitioner or the beneficiary has legally changed their name, include documentation of the name change, such as a court order.
  • Supporting Documents for Affidavit of Support (Form I-864):

    • If you’re the sponsor and you’re filing an Affidavit of Support (Form I-864), include financial evidence such as tax returns, pay stubs, and other financial documents.

Remember that the documentation requirements can vary depending on the relationship and the specific circumstances of your case. Always refer to the most current instructions and requirements on the official USCIS website. If you’re uncertain about which documents to include or have specific questions related to your situation, consider seeking guidance from an immigration attorney or a qualified legal professional.

Featured Post

All Category

Latest stories